Wednesday, April 4, 2007

making progress...

So I really think that I am making some progress on the diss (finally!). I am working through Halprin's theories of the creative process, and I'm trying to compare his ideas to other theories of the artist-genius. Just this morning I have emailed all three advisors to get their advice on more potential avenues to research.
I heard a really great podcast about the artist and solitude on a show called Studio 360. I'm thinking about using it as a way of introduction - hopefully it is academic enough. Sometimes I worry that I have a hard time distinguishing between academic literature and other literature. And I don't want my argument to be undermined by inadequate sources.
Well I pumped up on caffeine right now - so I should get back to the writing board.

No comments: