Monday, April 9, 2007

A Zone Bar and an Iced Mocha

Just to show you how conflicted my body is and probably as a consequence, my mind, I am currently eating a zone bar and drinking an iced Mexican Mocha at Cream. Today I woke up with a migraine, went to the gym to get a fitness evaluation, was reassured that my 30% total body fat is not a disaster (yet), got another migraine, went back to sleep, woke up, ate and am finally feeling good enough to get some work done. The mocha and the zone bar show my need for sugar with my desire to keep healthy as inspired by my early morning meeting with the trainer. Make sense? Argh.

Now it is 4pm and I need to finish planning my lesson tomorrow on Los Angeles and car culture. I also need to finish a bibliographic essay on my dissertation topic for one of the fellowships that I applied for. This is my first time writing this type of essay - I'm pretty confident that I know what form it should take, the only difficulty is that they only want one page. I have written more than one page already (single spaced) and have only gotten through my primary and some of my secondary sources. I would still like to include theoretical and historiographic background. Maybe I can just make a not at the end that the essay is cut short to fit the parameters specified.

Wow, this Zone bar has really kicked in --- I'm totally pumped. Away we go.

No comments: