Wednesday, October 31, 2007

What lives in your eyebrows?

Do you remember the post where I shared some of the funny google searches that lead people to this blog? Well I recently noticed one and I felt that I just had to share it with you. This curious soul asked Google, "What lives in your eyebrows?" I'm not sure why the user got directed to this blog, but probably because I once wrote a post that mentioned my first gray hair that appeared in my eyebrow! Ok. So for the benefit of this user and because this person piqued my own curiosity I decided to do some investigating to find out: What lives in your eyebrows? Quite the pick up line - huh?

Ew. My initial (and only) discovery was this the Demodex folliculorum—"eyelash creatures." So this doesn't mention eyebrows but rather eyelashes but it's close enough. This is truly gross. I'm not sure what disturbs me more to know that there are things that live in your eyebrows, or that someone would want to know this!

Anyhow, apologies for the wackiness of this post... I promise more serious stuff to come.

2 comments:

Village Vegan said...

Well, it is Halloween after all, so if you can't talk about eyebrow parasites now, when can you?

George Korein said...

thank you so, so much!

this is going to sound silly but i seriously found this entry while using google to try to find out what lives in eyebrows, because my girlfriend told me there's a single cute microscopic creature that traverses each eyebrow, and while i like that story and while cherish it even if unverified, i had to look up the truth.

i wasn't sure what to type into google. i tried life cycle human eyebrow, life cycle human eyebrow species, and wikipedia'd eyebrow, to no avail. finally i googled eyebrow creature and here i am!

thank you!