Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ohm..........................


Last week I got hypnotized for the very first time in my life. I am seeing this woman who is teaching me meditation, and we did an exercise which went from meditation into hypnosis. It was such an amazing feeling. She explained to me that hypnosis is simply a very deep state of relaxation. I had been feeling so good all day afterwards, through the weekend, and into the beginning of the week, that I realized: what in all hell will I blog about from now on?

In my hypnotic and relaxed state I felt like the main character in the film Office Space, you know the guy who is so relaxed that nothing can throw him for a loop. And I realized that my blog is about passion, anger, frustration, trials and tribulations. If those start to roll off of me with no affect -- will I no longer be in need of a blog?

Well, let's not jump too far ahead. Meditation, deep relaxation and all of these things that are moving me in the direction of inner peace require a lot of practice. Lucky for you the search for inner peace is something that will need to be a constant workout for me. Let's face it I'm a typical nutcase, and I don't think that I have exactly chosen a low stress career.

But I have chosen a career that allows me the flexibility to deal with stress. Who do you think is paying for the meditation training? Thank goodness for the open-mindedness of university sponsored health care.

So anyhow, it suffices to say that this blog shouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon. In fact I am amazingly sane right now despite the lack of sleep and caffeine that has powered me through the day. And in all honesty -- the deep relaxation effect from Friday is long gone. I have deadlines up the kazoo, and don't have enough room in my brain to keep my to-do list straight. But that is a whole other story altogether, and I'll save it for another day.

No comments: