Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Adjunct Office

This semester I share my office with four or five other adjuncts. This is totally fine by me - especially since from experience it seems that most adjuncts don't want to spend one minute more here than they have to. I may have mentioned this in the past, but this office is one of the places that I work best. Yes, I know it is depressing - no windows, in the basement, no cell phone access- but it is great for my productivity. The only thing that I can really do to procrastinate in here is to play solitaire or do a crossword puzzle (write a blogpost?) - and one can only do that for so long.

Anyhow I have met two of my officemates so far and each of them have run right out of here as soon as their office hours were over. Again fine by me, since this little room is becoming my home away from home. I don't have very many good options of where to work. Home is nearly out of the question because I just fail miserably there - and spend most of my time raiding the refrigerator! Either that or I find myself reading on the couch, because it is more comfortable than sitting at my desk, and then waking up a half hour later in a pile of my own drool! So I have concluded that home is best for relaxation, TV watching, cooking, and that serious work needs to be accomplished outside of my house. Windowless rooms look really good now.

1 comment:

MissHoneychurch said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. It's good to see you back.