Monday, June 2, 2008

A good deal.

Ok. Putting the "worst teacher" message behind me became a whole lot easier when I got an email on Friday accepting my proposal to speak at the Large Annual Professional Conference. The panel I will be on is literally perfect for my dissertation topic and I wasn't wholly surprised that they invited me to speak. But it felt good nonetheless.

And... there is even more good news. The invitation is not merely an invitation to speak on a panel, but also has a potential book publication attached to it. Yes, you heard me correctly a book publication! The organizers of the panel are also working on an exhibition and book to go along with the topic and they are hoping that I might be able to contribute to the book.


Wow. This could be really really great for me, since my dissertation has yet to be published anywhere. Let's hope I don't screw it up.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations and good luck!

myrrh said...

You aren't going to screw it up! Woah, nice job. Really glad to hear that things are going so well.

eloise said...

Thanks for your support... I'll keep you posted!